The ministry of labor and immigration initiated the Alberta Jobs Now program which is proving grants to businesses and non-profits to cover 25% of employees’ salaries for up to 52weeks.
The purpose of this grant is to encourage more Albertans back to work and support Alberta businesses to hire workers for new or vacant roles in this talent shortage market.
- Be incorporated (for businesses and some non-profit organizations), have a registered Trade Name (for sole proprietors), or be registered under an act of the legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada.
- Be located and operational in Alberta.
- Be hiring for new or vacant positions for at least 52 weeks.
- Provide safe working conditions, be in good standing and comply with the Employment Standards Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workers’ Compensation Act and all other applicable legislation and regulations.
- Good standing is defined as Workers’ compensation premiums are paid; no outstanding Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) convictions; and/or any Employment Standards orders are resolved.
- Have met or currently meet all obligations to the province under previous grant agreements.
- For sole proprietors, the following documentation must be provided.
- Sole proprietors with coverage under the Workers’ Compensation Act must submit a Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB-Alberta) clearance letter
- Sole proprietors in a WCB-Alberta exempt industry under the Workers’ Compensation Act must submit the
- A WCB-Alberta exempt industry letter; and
- A copy of their federal payroll deductions or GST Registration.
Read more about this grant here
About our services
We are a professional team of business plan writers based out of Edmonton, Alberta. We create detailed, customized, and high-quality funding-ready business plans. We offer competitive rates and a fast turnaround. Contact us TODAY!